From Wollongong to Snowy Mountains; Bucket List Achieved!


Assalamualaikum w.b.t

Felt like it would take me at least a year to update a new post here, but lately there were so many good things happening and I thought it would be such a waste if I don't write about all of them here. So fair warning, this is going to be a reaaaally long post. What's a loss when you can share the happiness around? Right?

There are two events in total. Just two, but worth my entire winter break. But honestly though, I thought these events won't be as good as they were, if I hadn't found out about my results beforehand.


The same day I found out about my results was the same day I joined a trip with the le cool kidz to Wollongong. There were Ezlan, Nigel, Alip and Zuhairi (or Zu). I received remarks like "bapak ahh minah ni pegi dgn lelaki je, takde perempuan lain ke join?" I'm sorry. Initially Jose was with us but then something came up and she had to step down. Hence, why I was the only girl in the team. I apologized beforehand if this seemed unpleasant to certain people. Good points for the boys though; they're very nice and kewl (minus being late). So no worries. Gais please gais "9.20am dah gerak" means dah gerak tau, bukan baru nak bangun aduhaiiiii hahahhaa anak dara oh anak dara.


So... Pergi Wollongong cari apa? Cari ayam gaisss, legit. Haha. Not KFC, not Opporto, but Chikos. What's that? I never heard about it too honestly, but I gotta tell you, their fried chickens are the bomb! A bit pricey but omg it was yummyyyy. So 9/10! It took a 2-hour train to reach there, so short advise, unless you have a good company with you, don't go there all by yourself. Penat tau pegi semata- mata nak cari ayam je, sorang2 pulak tu. Thankfully enough, Chikos is located very near to the beach, jadi sambil makan, sambil tu kita tadabbur alam huhu mashaAllah bagusnya.


It was more than fine, the guys ate a lot then after that sama2 solat tepi pantai hahha alahai lucu pulak rasa bila ingat balik. Especially kalau ingat Ezlan. Bayangkan, dah elok jadi imam solat, habis je bagi salam n baca doa, lipat sejadah, laju je tangan dia ambik phone, pastu ehhhhh pergi pasang lagu korea pulak dah. Maka mulalah konsert kpop di situ. Konsert, by all means, Ezlan wasn't dancing alone. The other boys danced too, in fact. MashaAllah gais. Ke mana perginya solat tadi? hahaha aduhai. Can't imagine kalau Audy and Jose ada jugak. Kecoh satu pantai, mungkin. Tourists pun tak sanggup nak singgah pantai sbb takut hahaha k tkdelah gurau je. Korang awesome. Hiks.


Habis makan sume, sightseeing sikit, then we went back. Naik train, penuh pulak manusia dalam train, so we ended up sitting on the floor mcm penganggur haha. For 2 hours gais omg imagine that. What a night. Alip tidur, Nigel layan lagu sorang2 kat tepi, Zu pun, while Ezlan and I gossiped with no ends haha. Habis train, naik tram. Same thing, penuh jugak maka berdirilah kami semua for about 30 mins. Pegi Nur Muhammad to eat, dpt makanan free byk byk weeeeeee alhamdulillah thank you sgt sgt. Berbaloi jdi last customer haha. Naik bas after that, terdiam semua orang sbb penat sgt hahaha. Overall, it was fun, really, despite the bad start. So thanks dooo korang. Especially Ezlan and Zu for walking me home and ensuring my safety. Mcm adik pulak rasa haha. May Allah bless you guys.

Ingat habis kat situ je, yelah kan, exam dah dekat, I need to study. But nooooo. Haha noooo. Someone came with the idea nak pegi Snowy Mountain pulak. I was like "Wow seriously guys? Really?" But I was okay with that. In fact, I was excited for it. Because I simply thought, drpd termenung je fikirkan result, why not I spend a day off to have fun and enjoy myself, right? I mean, why waste the winter break... Selagi ada peluang, pergi jelah :)




So yeaaaaay maka bermulalah Snowy Mountain trip kitorang tu. Sewa dua kereta, then drove at 12am. I volunteered to drive first then Jose second. I personally requested Ezlan to be the co-driver because he's cool liddat and he's more than okay with the idea. Sangatlah function with keeping me wide awake as I drive, but no so function with the maps hahahah. Still, big thanks to him for being the best karaoke partner for the 4-hour drive. Yassss I drove almost 4 hours at night pipelsss omg I'm so proud of myself. Siap main2 potong2 pulak dgn kereta Alip hahahaha pastu drive side by side ala2 fast furious 7 giteww hahaha teruk betul perangai. Alip said I drove fast huhu sorry gais, excited. He drove way faster than me though. Main langgar je speed limit haha yolo. Nevertheless we all reached Snowy Mountain safe and sound, Alhamdulillah. 

Sampai je Snowy Mountains, masing2 berhuhuhhuhuhuhu. Why? Because funny enough there were 8 of us, but NONE i tell you, NONE, checked the weather forecast. Siapa sangka kita akan main snow dalam hujan :') MashaAllah seksanya. Keluar2 je kereta semua menangis berjemaah (k tkdelah, over je). It was freezing!!!! I could hardly feel my fingers plus masing2 terkedu hahahha redho je, apa boleh buat. It's too late to go back, we all came this far. So we had breakfast aka nasi goreng that I cooked ft bihun goreng that Rifdi cooked, and honorable mention to Ezlan's cookies, lemang n belacan haha. Makan dlm hujan ok, sedih sungguh. But then........right after we're done eating, suddenly those raindrops turned to SNOW!!! Allahuakbar cantiknyaaaaaa. All of us screamed hahaha we were so excited, God knows how happy we were. Maka semua lari2 pegi tmpat snowboarding, despite the rain, semua redah je and had fun. Like they said, "yolo gais yolo. it's now or never."


So was it worth it? YES! Semua siap baring2 lagi atas snow hahaha omg we were all acting like kids. We even had our snowball fight. Sakittttttt ok. Idk who threw snowballs a lot to me but I swear that person deserved a good punch haha aduuh agak agak la bro jgn la baling kat belakang orang. Not cool ok?! hahaha. K tkdelah gurau je. Next, we built our very own hippie Olaf (thanks to Rifdi who initiated) and guess what, tourists stopped and took pictures with it! Hasif was like "Miya, ambik la gmbr tourists tu sume. Buat kenangan." So yes, I did. Bangga okay. Bermanfaat jugaklah Olaf kami tu. Comel pulak tu. Haih rindunya. T.T







Spent about four hours there, then masing- masing dah tak tahan sejuk. Everyone was shivering from head to toe so we decided to call it a day. Gave a hot pack to Alif tapi sayangnya tak function. Menggigil teruk orang tu. Kesian huhu. Rifdi went from being a kid screaming all over places and an artist building snowman/guitar/tower to being a good dad; he safely brought us back to our cars and made sure everyone was okay. Went back to the place where we parked the cars then these guys tukar baju siap siap. Yang tak tahannya, dorang ni tak bawak extra jackets. Really, guys? So imagine lah dorang ni balik pakai t-shirt je. In that -1 degree weather. Sabar jelah. Kita yang perempuan ni pun tak sanggup nak tengok.

Nigel was in charge of driving us home for the whole 6 hours and me, being the co-driver, slept more than half of the trip hahahah ya Allah teruknya. Sorry Nigel. Thank you for driving us back safely. Ezlan and Jose? They spent half of the trip singing and the other half just talking. Gosh, how did they manage to stay awake? Tuhan je tahu.

Stopped by at Lakemba, bought pizzas (yummyyyy pizzas) then went back to Forsyth. Alhamdulillah. Had a quick dinner with everyone and Ezlan sempat lagi masak soup and we all have it together with lemang. The others ate while watching kpop vids on youtube hahaha so fun la these guys, really. It was a reaaaaally long day yet they're still energetic. Not so long after that, Nigel sent both me and Jose back home. We were sooo worn out and tired, we slept and woke up late the next day.


One thing though, despite all the rain and freezing cold weather, having good people around really made this trip worth it. I made new friends, like Zu and Hasif, and they're both very outgoing and kewl. Despite having a rough start of the week, this bonding session with everyone really made my winter break a good one. Really, I'd like to thank Ezlan soooo much for coming up with the idea. Without everyone's commitment and without the blessings of Allah, I don't think this will ever happen at all. And honestly, I never expected this to come. So when it did, I can never thank Allah and everyone enough.


Thanks doooo guys. I can't wait to have more trips like this in the future. And hopefully next time, I wish to see more familiar faces to join us hehe (you know who you are). I'd like to say thank you too to that one person I cherish more than anyone (again, you know who you are), thank you for being the best part of my winter break too even though you're thousands of miles away from me. I hope you're doing good there in Malaysia and thank you for bringing me up when I was down. I pray Allah ease everything for you in return for helping to ease my troubles. Take care and I can't wait to see you this 23rd July :)

Done for now hehe. Wish me luck for my exam, gais. Hopefully I'll score this one well. One thing for sure, I'll survive this. InshaAllah. I'll be okay and I promise myself that. Amin amin amin...

Will update on that later, for sure. Till then, have a blessed day and see you real soon!

miya salzihan